Option to disable functionality but not the extension

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome
Mungading

Option to disable functionality but not the extension

Post by Mungading »

This is an excellent extension and it's always one of the first to be installed on fresh builds.

However, there are times I need to disable its functionality such as when I need to let sites (such as Quidco) track my journey across domains. ABP does its job pretty and blocks this.

Rather than disabling the extension (currently the only option) and the ABP icon disappearing, it would be ideal to be able just disable the functionality but keep the extension active and leaving the ABP icon accessible.

If this is already possible, then if someone could please show me the option, if not then please consider this request.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: Option to disable functionality but not the extension

Post by MonztA »

Post by Guest »

Hi, thanks for the link but it's not really applicable to Google Chrome. There is no toolbar button in Chrome, only an address bar icon and the only option is a checkbox for "Enabled for this site" which doesn't help for cross domain tracking. Right clicking the icon and selecting "Disable" disables the extension and causes the icon to disappear allowing only to reenable via Chrome's settings extensions section.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Sorry, I have overlooked you posted this in the Adblock Plus for Chrome sub-forum. :oops:
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Try adding a custom filter that either...

whitelists what you need to whitelist, like @@||trackersite.com^$script
or whitelists everything on a certain site, like @@||specialsite.com^$document

Right-click the ABP icon and choose "Options"; then use this guide to making your own custom filters: en/filters
There's also a better-illustrated filter cheatsheet that has been linked from this forum in the past but has not yet become official documentation: en/filter-cheatsheet
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.