Adblock Plus and (a little) more

EasyList downloads back on easylist.adblockplus.org - most of the time · 2009-02-27 02:21 by Wladimir Palant

A few months ago I decided to move EasyList downloads to MozDev. However, my bandwidth limit increased greatly since then and I can handle the traffic myself now. So taking the load away from MozDev’s server that surely has better things to do seems to be a good idea. Also, downloads get more reliable again because they don’t depend on two servers. For now I let easylist.adblockplus.org serve 80% of the requests while remaining 20% are still being redirected to MozDev. I want to see how that goes, might change the proportions again later.

Tags:

Comment [4]

  1. IceDogg · 2009-02-27 08:54 · #

    Great news! Thanks for the heads up and all that you do for us!! I can’t image all the hosting/time/cash that this project cost you. THANKS!!

    You too Rick!! Thanks!! :D

    And all the other that contribute. I’ll stop now.

  2. ameran · 2009-03-01 00:13 · #

    thanks from us too

  3. Ryoga · 2009-03-02 21:09 · #

    Please ad the following to the database

    cssace.com

    adxtn.com

    Reply from Wladimir Palant:

    I think you want to ask in the EasyList forum: http://forums.lanik.us/. When you do, please mention the site where you see the ads, not just where these ads come from.

  4. Sac · 2009-03-09 04:17 · #

    Wow! you must have a lot of traffic. Do you know what percentage of Firefox users have Adblock Plus installed?

Commenting is closed for this article.