Adblock Browser 1.3.3 for Android released · 2017-12-11 10:39 by Mario König
- Adjusted how and how often filter lists are downloaded in case of flaky internet connections. (Issue 6070)
- Fixed issue: Ad blocking malfunction for some users. (Issue 6108)
After the previous version update, some users’ ad blocking settings ended up in a non-recoverable state. In order to get this working again, this fix will, when settings are non-recoverable, reset user preferences to default. For help with your ad blocking settings, don’t hesitate to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adblock Browser 1.3.2 for Android released · 2017-11-20 16:51 by Mario König
- Fixed issue with the missing reading list. Your reading list is now available as a sub-folder in your Bookmarks. (Issue 6032)
- Fixed issue with the “Give feedback” link. (Issue 6015)
Adblock Browser 1.3.1 for Android released · 2017-11-06 17:38 by Mario König
During the rollout of Adblock Browser 1.3.0 we’ve discovered a bug which caused the application to consistently crash after the upgrade. Only devices with a specific configuration were affected, but it was noticeable enough for us to stop the rollout and submit an update which addresses this issue right away.
- Fixed a bug which caused Adblock Browser to crash under specific circumstances after upgrading to the latest version. (Issue 5989)
Adblock Browser 1.3.0 for Android released · 2017-11-02 12:18 by Mario König
- Dependency update to the most recent version for Firefox (Issues 5399, 5489, 5675, 5495, 5592, 3994, 3057)
- Permissions are now asked on an as-needed basis
- Improved the design of video controls
- New media controls in the notification bar
- Added support for live streaming video
- Added ability to hide WebFonts to save data
- Added support for Arabic and other right-to-left languages
- Multiple stability/performance improvements
- Updated ABP extension and improved integration with the app (Issue 5536)
- Added Ecosia as an optional search engine (Issues 5518, 4655, 5375)
Adblock Browser 2.0.0 for iOS released · 2017-09-19 14:28 by Mario König
- Introduced a completely new user interface and an improved user experience. (Issue 4706, Issue 4707, Issue 4736, Issue 4737, Issue 4738, Issue 4739, Issue 4741, Issue 4742, Issue 4743, Issue 4745, Issue 4745, Issue 5122)
- Introduced Ghost Mode for private browsing. (Issue 4744)
- Fixed minor bugs and introduced stability improvements. (Issue 5485, Issue 5486, Issue 5494, Issue 5532)
Release the Kraken! Adblock Browser 2.0 for iOS emerges from the deep · 2017-09-19 14:00 by Aaron Thornburgh
We’ve been busy building the next release of Adblock Browser for iOS devices. Today, Adblock Browser 2.0 is live in the App Store. Learn about all the new features and why they matter. Or, just visit adblockbrowser.org to download it now.
Adblock Browser 1.2.0 for Android released · 2017-08-17 09:42 by Diego Lima
- Improved app look and feel and UX (Issues 2512, 2513, 2606, 3199, 3769, 5005, 5469 and 5470).
- Updated ABP extension and improved integration with the app (Issues 2853, 3070, 3247 and 4278).
- Improved translations (Issue 5451).
- Fixed an issue that would cause the virtual keyboard to not show up (Issue 3831).
- Several fixes that improves performance and stability (Issues 3668, 3820, 4889 and 5423).
Adblock Browser 1.5.3 for iOS released · 2017-07-04 11:05 by Mario König
- Fixed a bug that caused ad blocking to stop working temporarily when visiting resource-heavy websites. (Issue 5227)
- Fixed a bug that caused Adblock Browser to crash under specific circumstances. (Issue 5213)
Adblock Browser 1.5.2 for iOS released · 2017-05-02 10:47 by Mario König
- Updated the version of Adblock Plus for Chrome/Opera/Safari bundled with Adblock Browser to 1.12.4 (Issue 4554)
- Introduced opt-in error reporting in order to improve stability (Issue 4672, Issue 4766)
- Fixed popup issue on imgur.com (Issue 4164)
- Fixed multiple issues which could potentially lead to crashes (Issue 4874, Issue 4908, Issue 4516)
- Fixed multiple minor bugs (Issue 4904, Issue 5152, Issue 4703, Issue 4886, Issue 5029, Issue 5115, Issue 4480, Issue 5065)
- Minor UI and usability improvements (Issue 4881, Issue 3653)
Why you will always have a choice to switch off Acceptable Ads, and why you shouldn’t - an opinion piece · 2016-12-14 14:46 by Björn Loesing
The advertising business in general has gone down the wrong rabbit hole. It’s all about getting clicks. To find out why the Acceptable Ads initiative is the most sensible choice despite all of this, read more in this personal opinion piece.