Adblock Plus 3.9.5 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-09-09 12:20 by Thomas Greiner
hide-if-matches-xpathsnippet to be able to hide more elements (core#240).
- Fixed: Error message shown in browser’s developer tools when using Block element feature (webext#230).
- Fixed: Link-based popup blocking stopped working in Firefox 79 (webext#237).
Goodbye development builds · 2020-09-03 00:10 by Sebastian Noack
We are no longer providing signed and updated development builds for Adblock Plus. But if you want to try out the latest features you can use the unsigned builds from GitLab CI, they won’t automatically update and might get disabled as you restart your browser though.
Adblock Plus 3.9.4 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-08-07 12:05 by Thomas Greiner
This release adds a new snippet and fixes some regressions related to snippets.
- Fixed: Snippet filters were missing from issue reports (ui#815).
- Fixed: Snippets only ran in top-level frame (webext#234).
Adblock Plus 3.9.3 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-07-22 17:21 by Thomas Greiner
This release updates the
hide-if-labelled-by snippet to also consider
aria-label attributes (core#234).
Adblock Plus 3.9.2 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-07-21 17:50 by Thomas Greiner
This release makes the
hide-if-labelled-by snippet more resilient (core#228).
Adblock Plus 3.9.1 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-07-14 15:53 by Thomas Greiner
This release fixes an issue that caused Adblock Plus to block page loads for users that have certain non-recommended filter lists installed (core#230).
Adblock Plus 3.9 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-06-30 21:00 by Thomas Greiner
This release improves on existing features that help inform users about new changes to the extension and about problems it detects. It also includes various improvements for filter authors.
User interface changes
- New updates page informing users about latest changes via a notification in the popup (ui#562).
- New data corruption page informing users about data corruption via a notification in the popup instead of opening the first-run page (ui#589).
- New notification icon design (ui#162, ui#594).
- Added ability to share number of blocked ads on social media (ui#485).
- Improved design of confirmation dialog that is shown when clicking on a link to add a filter list (ui#595).
- Reverted font optimizations that were released in Adblock Plus 3.7 (ui#565).
- Snippet changes
- Added element hiding debug mode (core#170, webext#172).
Note: For now, this mode can only be enabled via the browser console (see instructions).
- Long filters in developer tools panel are now displayed in a tooltip (ui#301).
- Fixed: Blocked counter regularly resets itself for pinned tabs (webext#190).
- Fixed: Black border was shown around icon popup (ui#731).
Adblock Plus 3.8.4 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-04-03 18:47 by Hubert Figuière
This release improves the snippet
hide-if-contains-visible-text to also handle pseudo elements when looking for the text content (core#172).
Adblock Plus 3.8.3 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-03-31 19:00 by Thomas Greiner
This release adds support for opening noteworthy notifications in a new tab (core#162, webex#162) that would otherwise go unnoticed. Such notifications will not be shown to users on large scale deployments of Adblock Plus (webext#171).
Adblock Plus 3.8 for Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge · 2020-02-19 14:00 by Thomas Greiner
This release introduces the ability to disable Adblock Plus on individual web pages which used to only be possible to do across entire websites. It also makes various improvements for snippet filters.
User interface changes
- Icon popup: Added ability to whitelist individual pages (ui#499).
- Settings page
- Issue reporter: Added link for reporting other issues (ui#424).
- Removed notification for recommending filter list that hides offending messages (webext#99, core#97).
- Updated extension description (ui#597).
- Fixed: Don’t focus first-run page when shown due to data corruption (webext#110).
- Fixed: Keep number of blocked requests in icon popup updated while it’s open (ui#634, webext#95).
- Snippet changes