Adblock Plus 3.4.2 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-12-03 17:48 by Dave Barker
- Fixed the “Waiting for Extension Adblock Plus…” problem which some users were experiencing (issue 7065).
- Added the new
hide-if-contains-imagesnippet (issue 7088).
- Added the new
hide-if-has-and-matches-stylesnippet (issue 7137).
Adblock Plus 3.4.1 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-11-14 21:00 by Sebastian Noack
- Added the new
abort-on-property-readsnippet (issue 6969).
- Fixed a bug where an issue reporter screenshot was submitted without annotations under certain circumstances (issue 7100).
Adblock Plus 3.4 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-10-31 02:00 by Thomas Greiner
This release includes user interface improvements as well as a further reduction of the overall memory usage.
- Redesigned the first-run page (issue 6749).
- Redesigned the icon popup (issues 6794, 6801, 6816 and 6922).
- Polished the design of the issue reporter and begun including a screenshot with each report (issues 6751, 6795, 6827, 6828 and 6895).
- Made the following improvements to the settings page:
- Added the “Show number of ads blocked in icon” option (issue 6740).
- Started showing the “Show useful notifications” option regardless of whether the user has seen a notification previously (issue 6736).
- Tooltips are shown on click now (issue 6758).
- Removed the title input field when adding a filter list (issue 6760).
- Removed the “NEW” label from Acceptable Ads without third-party tracking (issue 6768).
- Snippet filters are now required to be restricted to at least one domain (issues 6797 and 6846).
- Started logging snippet filter hits in our developer tools panel (issue 6843).
- Removed support for legacy
:-abp-properties()syntax (issue 6870).
- Special comments are now required to be given at the top of filter lists (issue 6923).
- Added the EasyList Portuguese filter list (issue 6944).
- Added the new
dir-stringsnippet to simulate logging in the developer tools console (issue 6964).
- Reduced the initial memory footprint by ~16% (issue 6916), base memory usage by ~28% (issues 6815, 6916), and memory used per frame by ~660 KB (issue 6967).
- Fixed: Layout shifted after opening dialog for adding new filter list on the settings page (issue 5851).
- Fixed: Blank values for snippet arguments were ignored (issue 6811).
- Fixed: Sometimes all subscriptions were listed as additional subscriptions (issue 6838).
$rewritefilters using wildcards didn’t match end of URL (issue 6868).
$cspfilters with blank value caused errors due to injection of an invalid header (issue 6871).
- Fixed: Element hiding emulation filters for the domain
localhostwere considered invalid (issue 6931).
- Fixed: Snippet filters were ignored if the user resubscribed to the ABP anti-circumvention filter list (issue 6974).
- Reverted to using inline styles for element hiding emulation filters (issue 6504).
- Ported the
hide-if-contains-and-matches-stylesnippet (issue 6938).
Changes to parsing metadata from filter lists · 2018-09-17 15:00 by Sebastian Noack
Starting with Adblock Plus 3.4 (and developments builds as of 188.8.131.525), special comments must be given at the top of the filter list, right below the header, otherwise they will be ignored. Furthermore, the
Checksum special comment is no longer supported.
Adblock Plus 3.3.2 for Chrome and Opera released · 2018-09-10 20:00 by Manish Jethani
This release introduces the new
hide-if-contains-and-matches-style snippet (issue 6919), which enables filter list authors to tackle a specific technique used by some websites to circumvent ad blocking using invisible ad labels.
Adblock Plus 3.3.1 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-08-30 19:00 by Manish Jethani
This release adds a couple of improvements to the Adblock Plus snippets.
- Added regular expression support to the
hide-if-shadow-containssnippets (issue 6847).
- Added support to the
hide-if-containssnippet for hiding a different ancestor of the element containing the search string (issue 6848).
Adblock Plus 3.3 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-08-28 15:00 by Manish Jethani
This release features our own anti-circumvention filter list. It also includes a new experimental feature called “Snippets,” which lets us deploy specialized scripts selectively on one or more domains. We have also taken steps to reduce memory usage and further improve the performance of element hiding emulation.
- Added the new ABP anti-circumvention filter list (issues 6689, 6699 and 6731).
- Added basic support for snippets (issues 6781 and 6782).
$rewritefilter option now accepts a blank value (issue 6787).
- Trailing dots in domain names are now always ignored (issue 6690).
- Element hiding emulation now correctly qualifies compound selectors in the document’s style sheet (issue 6619).
:-abp-properties()pseudo-class now responds correctly to dynamic DOM updates (issue 6680).
$elemhidewhitelisting filter option now works for documents with an unknown parent frame (issue 6808).
- Fixed the rendering of SVG icons on the options page for mobile (issue 6866).
- Reduced the initial memory footprint by ~8% (issues 6727 and 6735).
- Further improved the performance of element hiding emulation (issue 6437).
- Fixed a compatibility issue on Chrome 49 (issue 6823).
Adblock Plus 3.2 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera released · 2018-07-17 21:16 by Sebastian Noack
This release features the new $rewrite filter option which enables filter list authors to prevent (mostly pre-roll video) ads that couldn’t be blocked before from showing on some websites, as well as improvements to the issue reporter, and a couple other improvements and bug fixes.
- Added the
$rewritefilter option (issue 6592 and issue 6622).
- Blocked elements are now hidden through a style sheet if possible rather than by overriding their
styleattribute (issue 6645).
- Stopped converting domains reported by the browser to Unicode, expecting domains in filters being given in Punycode (issue 6647).
- Fixed: Requests were matched in the wrong context when navigating to a document served by a Service Worker (issue 6595).
- Fixed a regression introduced with the previous release that caused the number in the icon badge to show even if that feature was disabled (issue 6679).
- Added information about filter hits and related requests to issue reports (issue 6386).
- Removed the title field when adding a subscription by URL (issue 6532).
- Formatted dates on the options page based on the current locale (issue 6661).
- Fixed blocking of WebRTC connections and the related error shown in the console on Chrome 67 (respectively Opera 54) and above (issue 6744).
Rewriting URL instead of blocking · 2018-05-18 18:17 by Hubert Figuière
Starting with Adblock Plus 3.2 for Chrome, Firefox and Opera (and development builds as of 184.108.40.2063), there is a new
$rewrite filter option to rewrite the URL of a resource instead of blocking it.
Internationalized domains in filters are now expected to be encoded as Punycode · 2018-05-18 17:00 by Sebastian Noack
Starting with Adblock Plus 3.2 (and development builds as of 220.127.116.110), domains given in filters are expected to be encoded as Punycode.