Adblock Plus 1.0 for iOS released · 2015-09-30 10:48 by Felix Dahlke
We’re happy to announce that Apple has finally approved the first version of Adblock Plus for iOS – you can now get it on the App Store. (It took forever, we submitted shortly after it became possible to submit iOS 9 apps.)
We’re using the new content blocking API introduced in iOS 9 to provide an ad blocker for Safari on iOS, with a content blocking list generated from EasyList.
The content blocking API does, however, have some limitations that make it difficult to build a decent ad blocker with it. In addition, the inability to do any sort of UI integration makes it difficult to provide the usual Adblock Plus features in a usable way. That’s why we have a second product on iOS: Adblock Browser, a browser with ad blocking built in, which is not subject to the limitations of the content blocking API. I suggest you just try both, and use whatever suits you best.
Adblock Plus 2.6.11 for Firefox released · 2015-09-24 01:07 by Wladimir Palant
- Fixed: Findbar in Filter Preferences was slightly broken when using Firefox 42 and above (issue 2832).
- Fixed: Notification pop-up shouldn’t disappear if somebody clicks outside it (issue 3060).
- Fixed: Toolbar icon broken in SeaMonkey 2.40 and above (issue 3072).
- Added promotional message for Adblock Browser to the first-run page (issue 3031).
Adblock Plus 1.5 for IE released · 2015-09-22 20:43 by Oleksandr Paraska
We are happy to announce a release an updated version of Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer.
This release includes improvements for the large scale deployments. Here is the list of changes since the last release:
Adblock Browser 1.0 for Android and iOS released · 2015-09-08 11:15 by Felix Dahlke
As previously announced, we’ve been working hard on Adblock Browser for Android and iOS over the past few months. I’m happy to announce that today is the day where we release it on both platforms.
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.4 released · 2015-09-01 16:00 by Wladimir Palant
This is a bugfix release, solving only one issue. Element Hiding Helper 1.3.3 didn’t work in older Firefox releases, this issue is now resolved.
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.3 released · 2015-08-13 14:46 by Wladimir Palant
Adblock Plus 2.6.10 for Firefox released · 2015-07-28 15:05 by Wladimir Palant
This is a quality and stability release, with the focus being compatibility with upcoming Firefox versions. Most of the changes are under the hood, only the visible changes are listed:
suppress_first_run_pagepreference introduced by previous release can now be preconfigured by machine administrators via setting
extensions.adblockplus.preconfigured.suppress_first_run_pageFirefox preference (issue 2439).
- Issue reporter
- Subscription links
- Removed inconsistent behavior (breaks backwards compatibility): exception rules starting with
https://no longer imply
$documentoption (issue 2503).
- Reduced the initial delay for filter lists and notification updates after browser startup (issue 284 and issue 2659).
- First-run page: Fixed social buttons being broken starting with Firefox 38 (issue 2710).
Adblock Browser 1.0 for Android is in open beta · 2015-05-20 10:00 by Felix Dahlke
For the past few months, we’ve been working on a mobile browser with adblocking tightly integrated. Today we’re proud to announce the open beta of Adblock Browser for Android.
We’ve kept things secretive around Adblock Browser in the early phase, but like most of the things we do, it’s open source. We are now starting to make the repository, issues and code reviews public, and they’ll stay that way.
Adblock Plus 2.6.9 for Firefox released · 2015-03-31 23:56 by Wladimir Palant
This is another quality and stability release:
- Slightly optimized performance, domain-specific filters will no longer affect overall performance (issue 2177).
- Added extensions.adblockplus.suppress_first_run_page preference to allow administrators disable the first-run page if Adblock Plus is installed globally (issue 206). Note that additional changes are required to make this preference usable.
$elemhidefilter option doesn’t consider website signatures correctly (issue 2151).
Diagnostics 1.2.5 released · 2015-03-10 21:08 by Wladimir Palant
This release updates the extension icon to match the new Adblock Plus logo.