Welcome to Trusted News · 2018-06-13 15:00 by Tom Woolford
Adblock Plus is pleased to announce the release of their newest extension – Trusted News. Come see what it’s all about!
How Trusted News works · 2018-06-13 15:00 by Mario König
We at Eyeo care as much about promoting trustworthy content on the web as we do about your privacy. Apart from Trusted News’ important mission and core values, we’re focused on providing an extension that relies on processing information locally on your computer without ever sending any personal data or browsing history to our (or anyone else’s) servers.
So, let me introduce you to Trusted News, explain how it works and what’s happening in the background while you browse the web.
Adblock Plus 3.0.4 for Firefox released · 2018-04-21 15:20 by Sebastian Noack
When we recently released Adblock Plus 3.0.3, we accidentally pushed the build for Chrome and Opera to our Firefox users as well (instead of uploading the Firefox-specific build to AMO). This caused the update page intended for Chrome and Opera users only, to show on Firefox as well (issue 6604), along some other potential issues.
We just pushed the correct build to our Firefox users as Adblock Plus 3.0.4. There are no changes compared to the build that was supposed to be released as Adblock Plus 3.0.3 in the first place.
We apologize to our users that got unintentionally bothered by the update page, or experienced any other issues due to this incident since yesterday.
Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet 1.1.4 released · 2018-03-27 13:44 by Mario König
- Fixed a bug that caused Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet to crash on some devices. (Issue 6454)
Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet 1.1.3 released · 2018-02-20 10:20 by Mario König
- Implemented feature to update all selected subscriptions manually. (Issue 6066)
- Fixed bug that could cause changed settings to not be applied. (Issue 6289)
- Adjusted filter list downloads to distinguish between Yandex Browser and Samsung Internet. (Issue 6187)
- Updated translations for new features. (Issue 6345, Issue 6335, Issue 6376)
Adblock Plus 3.0.2 for Firefox released · 2017-12-12 10:42 by Dave Barker
This release features a number of bug fixes, some of which work around limitations of Firefox’s new Web Extensions API. Additionally, there are some minor improvements to the options page, aiming to address some of the feedback from both our users and the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Fixed the “Block element” tool for Windows users (issues 6053 and 5817, corresponding to Firefox bugs 1418394 and 1418655 respectively).
- Fixed blocking of WebRTC connections on websites using CSP security mechanism, works in Firefox 58 and higher now (issue 5953, Firefox bug 1406278).
- Made sure that filter list downloads and other requests performed by the extension cannot be blocked (issue 6010).
- Fixed subscription link handling for Windows users (issue 5965).
- Fixed a bug which caused the mobile options page to be zoomed incorrectly (issue 6046).
- Fixed a bug which caused the desktop popup window to open instead of the mobile options page with Firefox 57 for Android and higher (issue 5977).
- Improved our Developer Tools panel, fixing a bug which prevented viewing the requested resource (issue 6035) and improving the quality of the icon (issue 6036).
- Improved the layout of the options page (issue 5872), fixed the page title (issue 5972) and added a warning for users who subscribe to both the Easy Privacy and Acceptable Ads filter lists (issue 6031).
- Firefox 50 is no longer supported, the options page is essentially broken there without a way to fix it (issue 5971, Firefox bug 1209869).
- Adblock Plus extension might disappear completely, only to be fixed by restarting the browser (Firefox bug 1420145).
- In Firefox 57 on Windows, filtering by type in the Developer Tools panel isn’t possible (issue 5988, Firefox bug 1417043).
- In Firefox, filtering by search string in the Developer Tools panels isn’t possible (Firefox bug 1366752).
- “Block element” option isn’t available for some websites (issue 5938, Firefox bug 1408996).
- In Firefox 57 on Windows, there is a delay before the suggested filter appears in the “block element” dialog window (Firefox bug 1418655).
- Blocked frames are not hidden (issue 6051, Firefox bug 1418975).
- Occasional heavy disk activity (issue 6050, Firefox bug 1277612).
- High CPU usage on some websites (issue 6067).
Adblock Browser 1.3.3 for Android released · 2017-12-11 10:39 by Mario König
- Adjusted how and how often filter lists are downloaded in case of flaky internet connections. (Issue 6070)
- Fixed issue: Ad blocking malfunction for some users. (Issue 6108)
After the previous version update, some users’ ad blocking settings ended up in a non-recoverable state. In order to get this working again, this fix will, when settings are non-recoverable, reset user preferences to default. For help with your ad blocking settings, don’t hesitate to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet 1.1.2 released · 2017-12-04 14:51 by Mario König
- Fixed a bug which caused ABP to not select the correct filter list based on the phone’s language configuration. (Issue 5254)
- Improved URL verification while whitelisting websites. (Issue 5254, Issue 5273, Issue 5816)
Adblock Browser 1.3.2 for Android released · 2017-11-20 16:51 by Mario König
- Fixed issue with the missing reading list. Your reading list is now available as a sub-folder in your Bookmarks. (Issue 6032)
- Fixed issue with the “Give feedback” link. (Issue 6015)
Adblock Plus 3.0.1 for Firefox released · 2017-11-08 15:41 by Wladimir Palant
This release adds many translations which were missing in the Adblock Plus 3.0 release. There are no changes beyond that.