Adblock Plus 2.7.3 for Firefox released · 2016-04-27 14:32 by Wladimir Palant
This release adds support for the experimental CSS properties syntax to Adblock Plus for Firefox (issue 2401, issue 3955). This support isn’t complete yet, most important issue being that hits are not counted for CSS properties filters (issue 3969).
- Fixed issues that Adblock Plus could potentially cause on Firefox startup (issue 2850).
- Some first-run page optimizations (issue 2668, issue 1292, issue 3736, issue 3814).
- Cleaned up internal messaging approach (issue 3499, issue 3851, issue 3853).
Adblock Browser 1.3.1 for iOS released · 2016-04-18 11:30 by Mario König
Adblock Browser 1.3.0 for iOS released · 2016-04-12 13:25 by Mario König
- Improved handling for adding, editing and sorting bookmarks (Issue 3288, Issue 3281)
- Visible indication of secure connections when connected to websites via https (Issue 3203, Issue 3284)
- Added dashboard customization functionality (Issue 3282, Issue 3289)
- Integration with 1Password functionality (Issue 3285)
- Added minor graphical and usage-specific improvements (Issue 3602, Issue 3633, Issue 3411, Issue 3550, Issue 3643, Issue 3644, Issue 3645, Issue 3647, Issue 3856, Issue 3182, Issue 3201, Issue 3270, Issue 3277, Issue 3390, Issue 3523, Issue 3524, Issue 3804)
- Fixed: Fixed various bugs to improve usability (Issue 3529, Issue 3530, Issue 3600, Issue 3601, Issue 3603, Issue 3655, Issue 3360, Issue 3533, Issue 3553, Issue 3604, Issue 3827, Issue 3858, Issue 3217, Issue 3279, Issue 3436, Issue 3477, Issue 3483, Issue 3665, Issue 3734, Issue 3838, Issue 2686, Issue 2794, Issue 3369, Issue 3362, Issue 3730, Issue 3740)
Adblock Plus 2.7.2 for Firefox released · 2016-02-23 16:42 by Wladimir Palant
- Closed a pop-up blocking loophole misused by some websites (issue 3568).
- Fixed tooltip display for very long filters (issue 1950).
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.7 for Adblock Plus released · 2016-02-16 15:31 by Wladimir Palant
This is a minor update fixing a single issue affecting users of Firefox 45 (currently Beta) and above. A change in Firefox broke switching between Basic and Advanced mode, this has been fixed now.
Adblock Plus 1.10.2 for Safari released · 2016-02-11 15:28 by Sebastian Noack
Install Adblock Plus 1.10.2 for Safari (Safari 6 or higher required)
We just updated Apple’s certificate used in the Safari builds to make sure that Adblock Plus can still be installed when the old certificate expires. And as a result we had to release a new version. Other than the updated certificate, the build is completely identical to the previous release.
Builds for Chrome and Opera were generated as well. But since there were no changes compared to the previous release, we didn’t upload these to their respective web stores.
Adblock Browser 1.1.1 for Android released · 2016-02-02 14:05 by Mario König
- Fixed: Fixed a bug that caused Adblock Browser to crash on some devices running Android 6. (Issue 3406)
Adblock Plus 2.7.1 for Firefox released · 2016-01-19 15:08 by Wladimir Palant
With this release Adblock Plus becomes fully compatible with the upcoming multi-process mode in Firefox, it no longer relies on backwards compatibility hacks in Firefox (issue 3259, issue 3407, issue 3449, issue 3465, issue 3486, issue 3494). This also means that the screenshot functionality in Issue Reporter is fully functional now (issue 3375), and also quite fast (issue 3504).
- Improved performance:
patterns.iniwas being saved way more often than necessary (issue 3473).
- $ping filter option is back and will especially apply to requests sent via navigator.sendBeacon() (issue 3452).
- Requests produced by
<picture>will be assigned type
- Requests produced by the Fetch API will be assigned type
generichidetypes will no longer show up in the filter assistant (issue 3478).
- Fixed: Previously disabled and removed filter is still disabled when added back (issue 3451).
As the previous release changed Adblock Plus quite drastically, it inevitably introduced some issues. As far as we know, all of these have been resolved:
- Pop-up blocking doesn’t catch redirects to a different domain (issue 3458).
- Issue Reporter gets stuck if filter subscriptions need updating (issue 3461, issue 3464).
- Screenshot marker in Issue Reporter is no longer red (issue 3503).
- Fixed image preview in Blockable Items tooltip (issue 3491).
- Element hiding functionality isn’t working on Mac OS X when multi-process mode is enabled (bug 1187099). Mozilla is working on this.
Adblock Browser 1.2.1 for iOS released · 2016-01-14 10:34 by Mario König
- Fixed: Fixed bug that caused crashes for users who accessed the History tab with more than 200+ entries. (Issue 3265)
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.6 for Adblock Plus released · 2016-01-05 13:15 by Wladimir Palant