Adblock Plus 1.3 for Android released · 2015-03-03 12:30 by René Jeschke
If you already have Adblock Plus for Android, it should notify you about the update shortly and download it automatically.
Besides that we:
- improved compatibility with Android Lollipop (#1498, #1848)
- reduced the memory usage (#303)
- included twelve new translations
and, of course, fixed a lot of various minor and major issues.
A list of all resolved issues for this release can be found here.
Adblock Plus 2.6.7 for Firefox released · 2015-01-14 22:03 by Wladimir Palant
Note that this release removes the “Hide placeholders of blocked elements” option from the user interface. The underlying functionality is still available via a hidden preference, as explained in the original announcement.
- Removed ‘Hide placeholders of blocked elements’ option from the user interface (issue 1670).
- Fixed: First-run page broken in Firefox nightlies if E10S is enabled (issue 1663, issue 1706).
- Fixed first-run page layout for right-to-left languages (issue 1668).
- Fixed: “Adblock Warning Removal List” is being displayed as the selected list on Firefox Mobile (issue 1712).
- Fixed: “Disable on site” doesn’t always show up on Firefox Mobile (issue 1713).
Element Hiding Helper 1.3.1 released · 2015-01-13 17:40 by Wladimir Palant
- Made compatible with multiprocess Firefox (issue 1091).
- Fixed: Selection via mouse wheel broken (issue 227).
- Fixed: Horizontal scrollbar hides element type (issue 351).
- Fixed tree view in the assistant dialog (issue 447).
Adblock Plus 2.6.6 for Firefox released · 2014-11-11 23:59 by Wladimir Palant
There is only one change, Adblock Plus will use a slightly different approach to read files from disk (issue 1510). The reason is a change that Mozilla made for Firefox and that broke Adblock Plus completely in the Firefox nightly builds.
Adblock Plus 2.6.5 for Firefox released · 2014-10-15 21:01 by Wladimir Palant
- Fixed: Element hiding exceptions are broken by changes in Firefox 34 and Firefox 35 (issue 1241, issue 1381).
- Fixed: Blocking via context menu won’t always suggest blocking the most recent request (issue 362).
- Fixed: Issue reporter will complain about too many filter lists even when these filter lists are “special” like the anti-adblock list (issue 690).
- Fixed: Disabling filters via space bar no longer works in preferences (issue 1129).
- Fixed: Sharing Adblock Plus from the first-run page won’t work if the Anti-Social list is enabled (issue 1133).
- Fixed: Anti-Adblock warning will sometimes appear on websites without any anti-adblock behavior (issue 1161).
$sitekeyoption behavior more consistent, it can be used similarly to
$domainnow rather than whitelisting complete websites only (issue 432).
Adblock Plus 2.6.4 for Firefox released · 2014-07-22 17:59 by Wladimir Palant
- Made sure that data is always written to disk immediately whenever filter hit counts are reset (issue 430).
- Fixed: Moving filters with Ctrl-Up/Down doesn’t work in Firefox 30 and above (issue 716).
- Fixed: Find functionality in the preferences doesn’t indicate that the search pattern wasn’t found (issue 455).
- Fixed: User isn’t informed about anti-adblock warnings on websites producing them (issue 764).
- Fixed: Blockable items aren’t refreshed on tab change in SeaMonkey (issue 290).
- Fixed: “Disable on this page only” doesn’t work correctly if the address ends with # (issue 580).
Adblock Plus 2.6.3 for Firefox released · 2014-06-03 18:05 by Wladimir Palant
This is a bugfix release with the focus on stability.
- Worked around a Firefox bug preventing filters from being saved in Firefox 22 and older on Windows (issue 530).
- Default context menu is no longer overridden on the toolbar icon if a left click would result in the same action already (issue 449).
- Fixed: Adblock Plus toolbar icon appears delayed (issue 293).
- Fixed: Warning shows up in console concerning use of setUserData (only resolved for Firefox 32 and higher, issue 47).
- Fixed: Bogus tooltip on the “Slow” column in Filter Preferences (issue 594).
Adblock Plus 1.8.2 for Safari released · 2014-05-14 13:00 by Sebastian Noack
Install Adblock Plus 1.8.2 for Safari (Safari 6 or higher required)
Just before we released Adblock Plus for Safari last week, we realized a WebKit bug which made Adblock Plus block the content of every web page. However, the workaround we originally implemented only mitigated the issue. While websites weren’t rendered empty anymore, occasionally element hiding still didn’t work. The good news are that we finally identified the WebKit bug responsible, and implemented another workaround that hopefully fixes element hiding once and for all (issue 419).
We also fixed an issue with blocking YouTube video ads. This is the second time since last week that YouTube updated their website, and broke blocking of in-video ads with Adblock Plus for Safari (issue 471). But with this release all ads on YouTube are blocked again.
Adblock Plus 2.6.1 for Firefox released · 2014-05-13 14:57 by Wladimir Palant
This is a bugfix release with the focus on stability.
- Fixed: No first-run page appears in Firefox for Android and no filter subscription is selected by default (issue 99).
- Fixed: Opening settings from the first-run page doesn’t work in Firefox for Android (issue 255).
- Fixed:Adblock Warning Removal List gets disabled on update even if the user opted in earlier (issue 424).
- Fixed: Home and End keys don’t work when editing a filter (issue 256).
- Fixed: Wrong filter rule suggested when blocking an address that contains a hash part (issue 247).
- Fixed: Adblock Plus icon reappears after restart if removed from the toolbar in SeaMonkey (issue 186).
Element Hiding Helper 1.3 released · 2014-04-22 10:58 by Wladimir Palant
- Fixed: Integration with the Inspector tool broken in current Firefox versions (issue 5).
- Fixed: Filter Composer suggests empty domain name for host names with a trailing dot (forum topic).
- Fixed: Element Hiding Helper menu item isn’t added in some windows (forum topic).
- Fixed: Element Hiding Helper menu item doesn’t show up if Adblock Plus icon is placed in the Australis panel (issue 229).
- Fixed: Shortcut key on OS X is Ctrl-Shift-K rather than Cmd-Shift-K.