Adblock Plus 1.2 for Chrome release candidate available · 2012-01-09 14:56 by Wladimir Palant
The current development build (Adblock Plus 188.8.131.527 for Google Chrome, the non-experimental version) is a release candidate for Adblock Plus 1.2. It got a bunch of changes over the last few days, mostly polishing:
- Options: Fixed displayed subscription download time after a filter update.
- Fixed content script functionality in Chrome 18.
- Fixed: Two “Add filter” dialogs might get opened at a time, in that case the first dialog becomes dysfunctional.
- Fixed third-party checks when not using webRequest API.
- Removed work-around for WebKit’s image loading bug (fixed in Chrome 16).
- Updated user interface translations from Adblock Plus/Firefox.
- Updated to current versions of code modules from Adblock Plus/Firefox.
- Updated to current jQuery and jQuery UI versions.
The bigger (and older) changes in this version:
- Better blocking thanks to webRequest API (only in Chrome 17 or with the experimental builds).
- Changed user interface for filter subscription management (an intermediate step towards porting our Firefox user interface).
- Improved “Add filter” dialog, safe from being manipulated by the web page and with filter editing.
- Filter data is being stored using File System API, file format identical to Firefox.
- Using the same algorithm for filter subscription updates as in Firefox (proper handling of expiration intervals, download mirrors etc).
- Proper handling of $third-party filter options, top-level domains like co.uk are now being considered.
- No longer putting all our element hiding rules into the document’s DOM.
There will be a release shortly, please report any issues you notice.
Commenting is closed for this article.