Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer with support for administrator install · 2015-07-08 18:09 by Oleksandr Paraska
We have already announced a feature that enables mass installation of Adblock Plus on large networks. Going in line with our Chrome and Firefox versions of Adblock Plus, it is now possible to suppress the first run page and disable the automatic updates in Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer. This feature is now available in the latest development build (1.4.796).
You can control these settings using the Windows Registry. To disable the first run page add this value to the registry:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKCU\Software\AdblockPlus] "suppress_first_run_page"="true"
Similarly, to disable automatic updates, add:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKCU\Software\AdblockPlus] "disable_auto_updates"="true"
Besides this, there are some other changes:
- Fixed: Some ads were not hidden (issue 2055).
- Fixed: Some Yahoo pages weren’t shown correctly in IE8 (issue 1115).
- New, improved icon (issue 1538).
- Make sure the installer is capable of closing Internet Explorer in all cases (issue 1686).
- Fixed some issues with enabling/disabling ad blocking (issue 1201, issue 1104).
You can see a complete list of updates here.
Commenting is closed for this article.