Cleaning up · 2007-01-30 14:23 by Wladimir Palant
A new Adblock Plus 0.7.2.4+ development build (2007013011) has been uploaded. I have been cleaning up, removing some parts that became unnecessary due to changes in the Adblock Plus core and altering other parts that can be implemented in a better way.
- Removed useless “Block remote ads in local pages” option together with the corresponding extensions.adblockplus.blocklocalpages preference (forum thread)
- Removed extensions.adblockplus.localschemes preference (generally blocking on all content pages now)
- Removed “Not a remote page” message in sidebar and preferences dialog to be more consistent
- No longer filling the list with default filters when patterns.ini doesn’t exist, offering subscriptions should be enough (extensions.adblockplus.patterns preference removed)
- Removed extensions.adblockplus.checkedadblockprefs and extensions.adblockplus.checkedadblocksync preferences (Adblock’s preferences are now only imported when patterns.ini doesn’t exist yet)
- Removed extensions.adblockplus.grouporder preference (hardcoded now, no point in having this as a preference)
- Removed extensions.adblockplus.linktypes preference (using a more general approach to recognize nodes that can have links)
- Removed extensions.adblockplus.blocktypes preference (rules like
*$stylesheet can be used to prevent a particular type from being blocked)
- Removed mostly useless extensions.adblockplus.noncollapsabletypes preference
- Removed exceptions for about:blank
- Now ignoring effectively empty rows/cols attributes when collapsing frames in a frameset
- Fixed: items with same address but different type always appear as one item in the list
Commenting is closed for this article.