Contributing code to Adblock Plus
Finding something to work on
- If you know Python, you can work on our backend.
- If you know C++, you can work on Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer.
- If you know Java, you can work on Adblock Browser for Android or Adblock Plus for Samsung Browser.
- If you know Swift, you can work on Adblock Plus for iOS/macOS
- If you know Puppet, you can work on our infrastructure.
We're keeping track of all the things we want to fix and improve in the issue tracker of our projects on GitLab.
Getting in touch
Need help or want to chat? Join our IRC channel: #adblockplus on irc.mozilla.org (there is also a web-based client). While we are a globally distributed team, there are times when most of the team is not online. Please note that we cannot reply to you if you are offline.
Submitting a patch
Once you've made and tested your changes, first make sure they're in line with our coding style.
Now you can create a merge request in the respective project on GitLab.
Finally, before we can accept your patch, you need to sign the contributor agreement. Please print it out, sign it, scan that or take a picture of it and send it to one of your reviewers.
Becoming a committer
If you intend to contribute to a project on a regular basis, you might want to become a committer.