Adblock Plus 1.12.2 for Chrome, Opera and Safari released · 2016-08-23 17:51 by Dave Barker
This is a minor release, focused on stability and preventing circumvention.
- Prevent websites from abusing WebSockets to serve adverts (issue 1727).
- Improved Element Hiding protections against circumvention (issue 4191, 4298).
- Fixed a bug that caused content in anonymous frames to be blocked even when the parent frame was whitelisted (issue 4150).
- Worked around an issue with MutationObservers which caused older versions of Chrome and Opera to hang for some websites (issue 4101).
- Added more versions of our icons that look sharper with the new Material Design (issue 4218).
- Removed an outdated workaround that caused some whitelisted elements to be hidden in anonymous frames (issue 4210).
- Fixed a bug that caused the options page to be sometimes opened multiple times when the experimental Content Blocking feature was enabled (issue 4199).
- Improved the conversion from Adblock Plus filters to Content Blocking rules for the experimental Content Blocking feature, making sure to block/whitelist all subdomains for filters starting with
- Fixed a typo that broke key-based whitelisting (issue 4300).
Commenting is closed for this article.