Adblock Plus 1.3 for Google Chrome™ released · 2012-10-27 00:38 by Wladimir Palant
- Adblock Plus for Chrome is now officially out of beta, its functionality and stability are comparable to Adblock Plus for Firefox. The user interface is still lacking, we are working on that.
- Some acceptable ads are now allowed by default (Adblock Plus for Firefox had this for almost a year already, easy to disable, see full explanation).
- Added a first-run page (only shows up once for each user – either on new install or after update to Adblock Plus 1.3 from an older version).
- Better performance now that we rely exclusively on the webRequest API (Chrome 17 and below are no longer supported).
- Added support for element hiding exceptions.
- Made use of new security features in new Google Chrome versions.
- Worked around Chrome issue 49001 (some websites breaking due to our element hiding).
- Fixed a data corruption bug that would sometimes corrupt the filters.
- Removed sending of the Do-Not-Track header now that Chrome is capable of doing it itself.
- Source code license is the GNU General Public License v3.0 instead of the Mozilla Public License now.
Commenting is closed for this article.