Adblock Plus 2.4 for Firefox, Adblock Plus 1.6 for Chrome and Opera released · 2013-10-09 16:52 by Wladimir Palant
This release improves the first-run page that is common in all three browsers. We redesigned it once again and made sure that new users get a better overview.
- Fixed: Adblock Plus icon wasn’t showing up on browser startup for some users.
- Fixed: Redirect blocking wasn’t working in current Firefox versions.
- Fixed: Issue reporter fails to process some console errors.
- Fixed: Adblock Plus fails to start up when updating in current Firefox nightly builds (workaround for bug 924340).
- The number of ads blocked on a page and in total now shows up when in the icon is clicked.
Note: This is the last Adblock Plus for Chrome release where we use Argentinian Spanish when the locale selected in Chrome is “Latin American Spanish.” Unfortunately, Chrome doesn’t allow supporting the many existing Latin American Spanish dialects properly. However, we’ve determined that Mexican Spanish will be a better choice for the Latin American region and future releases will use that locale.
Commenting is closed for this article.