Adblock Plus 2.8 for Firefox released · 2016-10-25 12:38 by Wladimir Palant
This release changes the way element hiding works in Firefox, so that noticeable delays from changing a single element hiding rule should be no more. Also, the behavior should be more consistent now and filters not applying on a particular website should no longer be able to cause unexpected side-effects. On the downside, changes to element hiding rules will only apply after a page is reloaded now (which is actually consistent with blocking rules).
- There is a special
$websockettype option now to block WebSocket requests, the type was previously considered to be
- Our toolbar icon will look better on high-resolution screens (issue 4142).
- Removed feature selection from the first-run page until the features can be removed similarly easily (issue 4294).
- Hits for CSS property filters which were introduced in the previous release are being counted now (issue 3969).
- Fixed: CSS property filters applied even when Adblock Plus was disabled everywhere (issue 4201).
- Fixed: A regression in pop-up blocking functionality caused websites to be mistakenly considered pop-ups under some circumstances (issue 4335).
- Corrected handling of frames with
- Fixed and improved search functionality in Filter Preferences, was partially broken in Firefox nightly builds (issue 4510).
Commenting is closed for this article.