Adblock Plus 3.9 for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera · 2020-06-30 21:00 by Thomas Greiner
This release improves on existing features that help inform users about new changes to the extension and about problems it detects. It also includes various improvements for filter authors.
User interface changes
- New updates page informing users about latest changes via a notification in the popup (ui#562).
- New data corruption page informing users about data corruption via a notification in the popup instead of opening the first-run page (ui#589).
- New notification icon design (ui#162, ui#594).
- Added ability to share number of blocked ads on social media (ui#485).
- Improved design of confirmation dialog that is shown when clicking on a link to add a filter list (ui#595).
- Reverted font optimizations that were released in Adblock Plus 3.7 (ui#565).
- Snippet changes
- Added element hiding debug mode (core#170, webext#172).
Note: For now, this mode can only be enabled via the browser console (see instructions).
- Long filters in developer tools panel are now displayed in a tooltip (ui#301).
- Fixed: Blocked counter regularly resets itself for pinned tabs (webext#190).
- Fixed: Black border was shown around icon popup (ui#731).
Commenting is closed for this article.