I’m using Adblock Plus but I still see suspicious ads
Adblock Plus has detected ads that are likely injected with Adware, which may have infected your computer.
What is Adware?
Adware is one type of Malware, short for "Malicious Software.” It is a term generally used for software installed on your computer that is designed to infiltrate or damage a computer system without your consent. In many cases you obtained this software without knowing it, as these applications are often bundled in other software installers.
Why doesn't Adblock Plus block these ads?
Adblock Plus is designed to block ads that are delivered from websites or their advertising partners. Malicious software can inject ads in such a way that the ads can not reliably be blocked by Adblock Plus. The best way to stop these ads is to remove the Malware that displays them.
How can I solve this?
1 Get rid of unwanted programs
For users unfamiliar with the administration of their computer's operating system, it’s recommended to run automated checks for Malware with one of the programs listed below, which also allow to remove the found unwanted software. All of the programs are free (for at least a trial period) with full functionality, and safe to install alongside your antivirus solution.
For advanced users, refer to the guides below to remove Malware and other programs on your computer that you don't remember installing. To regain control of your browsing experience, you must uninstall any malicious programs. For more help on uninstalling malicious programs from your computer, click one of the links below.
2 Reset your browser settings
Oftentimes uninstalling unwanted software does not restore your browser settings to their original state. Follow these guides to do this manually:
How do I prevent my computer from getting infected with Malware in the future?
- Use official channels to download your browser:
- Install Adblock Plus. Adblock Plus can help to block and hide ads that trick you into installing potentially unwanted programs. Get Adblock Plus from https://adblockplus.org/.
- Keep your operating system and other software up-to-date.
- Don't click inside misleading pop-up windows. Many malicious websites try to install Malware on your system by making images look like pop-up windows, or by displaying an animation of the website scanning your computer.
- Don't install untrusted software. Some websites offer you software to accelerate your browser, to help you search the web, or to add toolbars that do things your browser already does. Some unwanted programs also come bundled in software packages. Usually, these programs gather information on your browsing behavior that serve only the people who designed them. Make sure you only install add-ons, extensions and plug-ins from your browser’s web store website and that you uncheck unwanted programs in software installation wizards.